Normal Skin usually looks and feels smooth, but can also react to changes in the environment: oilier in the summer and drier in the winter.
1. Choose foundations and powders for normal skin, or go for a water-based fresh feel.
2. Apply a layer of moisturizer underneath for dry, winter conditions or whenever you enter a parched environment.
3. Keep a pressed powder on hand for oilier moments or more humid days.
Dry Skin occurs naturally as you age as the oil glands decrease their output. Dryness may also reflect your skin's sensitivity to skin care products, cleansers, or even your diet or your emotions.
1. Choose double-duty foundations that moisturize while helping to smooth the appearance of skin’s surface.
2. Avoid alcohol-based products, like harsh toners and astringents.
3. Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! If your skin is extra dry, try a tinted moisturizer as a base for your foundation.
Oily Skin is shiny and sticky. It starts the day by feeling clean and fresh, but by noon, feels greasy and slick.
1. Start with a deep cleanser that washes away dirt, oil, and fights bacteria.
2. Use a gentle toner on your clean skin.
3. Try foundations and powders that help control oily shine without causing dryness to skin.
4. Avoid touching your face during the day! Oils from your hands get transferred from your palms or finders without you even realizing!
5. Change your pillowcases more often. Oils can get trapped in the cloth and later irritate skin.
Combination Skin usually expresses its unique qualities with oiliness in the t-zone and normal-to-dry skin everywhere else.
1. Choose an oil-managing powder for your t-zone (and other oily areas).
2. Use a flexible make-up routine to help cope with combination skin's many moods.
Sensitive Skin easily gets blotchy or irritated when coming into contact with makeup, hair products—even sudden changes in temperature and humidity! Typical reactions are itching, burning, chafing and stinging skin.
• Don’t use harsh facial washes or soaps whose main ingredients are alcohols or fragrances– they’ll only further skin’s irritation.
• Use an unscented moisturizer to strengthen your skin and provide a barrier against irritants.
• A key to clearness is in fragrance-free makeup.
To help your skin
• Choose a diet with plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables to nourish skin from the inside.
• Drink eight glasses of water a day to stay hydrated.
• See a dermatologist for any persistent problems, including acne.
• Wear a sunscreen whenever you go outdoors to help prevent premature aging and sunspots.